 Announcements / 2467
2466  |  2468
Subject:
Our 2nd GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:02:28 GMT

We finished our 2nd GATS event last weekend in Collinsville, Ill..  I have
posted pix on Brickshelf.  I hope you enjoy.

We arrived very early and not so bright Saturday morning and started assembling
our tables.  We had already designed the track layout and checked it out at our
last GtwLUG meeting.  The table was covered and the track laid out according to
the design and a train was run on it for a final check.

Next we placed the baseplates that we had out and started to fill the layout
area.  We use the tried and true chaos method, works for us everytime.  Many
methods have been offered as how to set up a display.  We have had a great deal
of success by placing certain items in pre-picked areas and then anything goes
from there on.  To stick with a theme isn't as much fun as watching visitors
walking around the layout seeing and commenting on the good and the silly.

Anyway, here is the pix, hope you enjoy them as much as we did doing the show.
I had a youngster come up to me accompied with his Dad and 'insisted' we let
them (the kids, I guess) play with our display.  I tried to explain that it was
a display and not for play.  I did not get any support from 'Dad', but after a
few moments the boy went off to find someone who would listen to him.  The Dad
said that he was like that everywhere he went.  I will not go into what I
thought about it.  Anyway, here is the link:

Thanks,  comments?

-- Don         GtwLUG         St. Louis