 Announcements / 2230
2229  |  2231
Subject:
icosahedron in soccer-ball style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:53:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Inspired by Steve DeCraemer’s S.P.U. (picture by Rob Hendrix) first shown at Brickfest 2003, I decided to build a bigger version.

Six BrickLink orders, over 4000 pieces, 180 triangles - and this is what I came up with.

Gallery (after moderation) There are only three pictures (plus a “readme”), so you can see most of it in the previews!

Two preview pics: the whole ‘sphere’ a close-up

Yea, I know - it’s silly. But, I’m pretty happy with it!

Hope you like it!

JohnG, GMLTC