 Announcements / 215
  Builder's Gallery

The official Lego site ((URL) has a "Builder's Gallery" area now where people can upload their own creations. Each month, eight creations will be chosen for a vote by web club members for a "Builder of the Month." Each web-club member can have 4 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

I just used my votes for: -piano model (very clean design, elegant model) -train model (a train on wheels, great job, esp. for 12 yo) -bridge (some non-Lego string in there, I suppose - but it's neat that this kid obviously learned a lot about the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) Read the fine print very carefully before uploading any images! Quote: "The LEGO Group reserves the right to publish pictures on www.LEGO.com which were not selected as part of the eight gallery pictures." This is perfectly reasonable. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) be (...) up (...) LEGO has published my Castle both in Mania Magazine and in the LEGO Creator Activity Book. In fact it was a LEGO employee that contacted me, after viewing my website, for the rights to have my Castle in the Activity Book. I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) Good show!! (...) Is that specific to U.S. Copyright law or is it an international tautology? Also, if I understand what you're saying, wouldn't it still a problem for you if you upload something to www.lego.com -first-, and -then- want to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) US copyright law - but US copyrights are upheld in most other countries (there ae a few blatant exceptions in Asia (producing copies of photos, CDs, movies etc.) (...) Yes, it would. (...) Correct - They can't claim copyright to previously (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) Cool, those are exactly the 4 I voted for too! (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) The upload.asp page came up this time with no complaints or detours, so it might work now, though I didn't upload any pictures to test it. -Tom McD. when replying feel free to not include the spamcake. (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) The upload.asp page came up this time with no complaints or detours, so it might work now, though I didn't upload any pictures to test it. -Tom McD. when replying feel free to not include the spamcake. (my apologies for the double post to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) up (...) Even if this is true, and Lego wanted to get nasty about it... they aren't claiming copyright ot your design. You can always generate another graphic (ie, take another picture and scan it in), and voila- a seperate image Leog holds no (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.build)