 Announcements / 2114
RSC Rebirth: Rounded Slope Compendium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:09:38 GMT

When I started the RSC for the mech-heads back in early 2002, it was with the intent that we’d have a growing resource for all the beautiful slopes, wedges, and canopies that LEGO has released recently. It was a nice intent, but without part numbers, inventories, and quality pictures it was doomed to be roadkill on the LEGO resource landscape. Until now.

Early last week I got bitten by the need to update the RSC due to a mislabeled Bricklink item I received. The picture didn’t reflect the part I received and after doing some research I determined that these rounded slopes were in need of cataloging. Further research revealed not only that both Bricklink and Peeron’s inventories differed on these items, in a couple of cases they weren’t quite correct either (I’ll work with both sites on this later). Thus my task was to put together a body of work that correctly cataloged these parts and their origins as well as give adequate visual representation of any printed parts in these categories. Todd’s announcement of enhancing FTX was the final kick to get me moving on this: I now had an easy to work with visual database in place. Thanks, Todd!

I present to you the NEW and IMPROVED Rounded Slope Compendium:

http://www.lugnet.com/~524/rounded_slopes

While updating the RSC, I noticed this post in .space:

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=24099

That got me thinking about adding in all transparent parts as well, but I’m still on the fence about that idea. Perhaps I’ll work on it after all the categories are updated later in the week.

I plan on adding in the new train canopy once we’ve got a part number in place for it. Most of the other parts I’ll be adding will be dependent on having pictures available, so please don’t complain if parts aren’t added the day they are publicly made available. I’m rarely the first to get a set, but I always try to seek out the new parts.

Your comments, questions, and feature requests please.

-Dave