 Announcements / 2098
2097  |  2099
Subject:
Important Announcement regarding final days of Brickmania
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:37:29 GMT

Hello everyone!

Things have not gone as smoothly as hoped in what I had planned to be my
final month of Brickmania kit production.  The result of a family health
emergency, being swamped at my other job, volunteering several days for GMLTC
events, and preparing to move to a new household, is I have not had as much time
as I wanted to get going on kit production.  The accelorated pace of kit release
has also meant I am purcahsing parts for kits ordered faster than I am receiving
payments for them.  The net result is that I am both behind schedule and
streatch to the limits financially.  To compensate, I have had to rearrange some
plans.

1. CURRENT KITS: The final WW2 release, Tiger I tank, is ready to ship out,
minus about 20% of the parts needed for completion.  At this point I have
received payments for only 5 of the 21 kits ordered.  Similarly, other WW2 kits
(and a pair of WW trains) have also been ordered, but not yet paid for.  To
accomodate shipping these kits before I move on June 1st, I have decided to set
a deadline for payments for all ordered, but unpaid WW2 and trains kits to be
Monday, May 26th.  Kits not paid for by by this date will be considered
abandoned and will be scrapped. After Monday, May 26th, the order links for
these kits will be deactivated on the Brickmania site and they will marked as
"retired."  If the 20 Guarded Church kit is not yet sold (and paid for) by May
26th, it will be similarely retired and broken up for scrap.

2. INCOMPLETE GUARDED CHURCH MODULES: The two promised Guarded Church expansion
modules will be ready for preview before the end of this month.  An order (and
payment) deadline will be set for mid June.  These modules will only be made to
order and will be shipped 2-4 weeks after the ordering and payment deadline.

3. MOTOR PACKS FOR 208 + 209: The conversion packs to motorize the German heavy
tank kits will be similarly offered on a limited run, built to order basis.
These will be available to order in June, but only for a very limited time.

4. CD-ROM: Due to release dates on the final kits being pushed back, I am
similarly pushing back release date of my instructions CD-ROM.  This CD will
contain printable PDF files of ALL Brickmania kits (except Brickmania 001, which
was licensed to Lego).

Please understand the urgency of this message. I need to wrap up Brickmania's
kit sales as quickly as possible, but also don't want to leave anyone out
either. If anyone is unsure of what they owe or have questions about payments,
please feel free to send me an email.

Thanks for your support and take care!

Daniel Siskind
http://www.brickmania.com