 Announcements / 2073
2072  |  2074
Subject:
OOPS, sorry for the trip down memory lane!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 21:06:53 GMT

If you're subscribed to lugnet.announce, I apologize for the flood of
reposts of old messages from lugnet.publish.cinema (now lugnet.animation)
and/or lugnet.football (now lugnet.sports).

I forgot to tweak a data file which contains message counts before
re-enabling the groups at their new names.  Consequently, the server thought
that all the messages in lugnet.animation and lugnet.sports were _new_
messages, and promptly began distributing them to those subscribed by e-mail.

The reason you might be receiving some of these even though you're not
subscribed to lugnet.animation or lugnet.sports is because some of the
messages were cross-posted to, for example, the lugnet.announce group,
which you might be subscribed to.

Again, my apologies for this flood of remailings...it was unintentional.

--Todd