 Announcements / 1719
  *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

LDView version 1.9.6 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) main new feature of version 1.9.6 is: Added support for antialiased lines. Most of the other changes in this release are bug fixes, so (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) Here's a couple a small ones: The smooth curves based on type 5 lines feature still seems to work only if the part is in the LDRAW\PARTS directory For some reason the sphere primitives are always showing up a light grey color (regardless of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

FUT lugnet.cad.dev (...) This is by design, as the smoothing it performed at the part level. You can force other parts to be smoothed by adding the following line to the part dat file (near the beginning, preferably before any actual geometry): 0 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) Cool, I'll have to check that out and see how it looks. Hey, since you seem to be taking my suggestions, how about implementing the camera controls I'm trying to work into ldglite? After talking about which buttons to use, I rediscovered the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) had walkthrough/flythrough on my list of possible features for a REALLY long time. Of course, one could argue that the longer a feature stays on the possible future list, the less likely it is to ever get implemented :-). On the other hand, I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) I forgot to mention. I didn't miss your suggestion of redrawing polygon outlines smoothed for patterned polygons; I just haven't implemented it yet. It is on my to-do list: (URL) even on the top list, which is items I actually plan to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

Looks stable. Perhaps you can use the smooth pattern suggestion to draw a pattern in the back buffer and use glCopyTexImage2D( ) to make a texture of it. Then replace the geometric pattern with a texture. This might speed things up considerably and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) No need for research, just steal the l3p dumping code from main.c in ldglite. I think I added a lot of comments so I could go back to it later and make changes for the next version of l3p. Don (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) Visual quality: When I first tried L3DView v0.5 (does someone remember L3DView?), I was amazed by the quality of the renderings. And yet each revision since then has improved the quality again. With constant speed, if not increasing. This (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)