 Announcements / 1678
1677  |  1679
Subject:
NCS Downtime @ 3pm CDT/8pm GMT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 18:01:06 GMT

Note: This is in the announcements area due to the large number of
LEGO-related sites on my servers, including BrickLink, Guild of Bricksmiths,
and a number of LUG/LTC sites.

In order to install a new electrical circuit for a larger UPS, all NCS
servers will be down for approximately a half hour starting at 3:00 pm CDT
(8:00 PM GMT) today, Saturday. I have to kill the mains in order to add a
new circuit breaker, and then have to move all the power plugs into the new
UPS. The result will be better reliability during stormy weather. Even
though all the power lines in our area are buried underground, this will
give a much longer runtime in the event of a power outage.

Eric Smith
Owner, Northstar Computer Systems