 Announcements / 1625
1624  |  1626
Subject:
publishing my notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:27:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Over the next few weeks, I'll be publishing all of my notes about LUGNET
from the past 5 years. This data will be publicly viewable, but not "public
data," as I still retain copyrights.

I'm doing this for everyone who's interested in participating in LUGNET's
next level of development, so that they can see what things Todd and I had
planned  or dreamed about. I believe that publishing pages of my sketchbooks
will be the quickest way for me to transmit the rest of the LUGNET 'vision'
as we move forward and consider planning for LUGNET's future.

The pages contain stuff that didn't make it into The Plan or that came after
it.. functionality we didn't get to, lower priority UI, and concepts that
weren't feasible. it includes things like: my research on community health,
sets of icons, site maps, drawings of data architecture, noted known
problems, corrections to key in, etc. It's nothing terribly exciting, and a
lot of it seems really obvious by now. But I hope it may still stimulate a
few imaginations.

I also hope it can head off extremely similar suggestions coming from the
community. That is, I don't want to discourage people from brainstorming by
saying, "yeah, we already thought of that."

I would have made the stuff available a long time ago, but I was under the
impression that it was worth something as property.. and, its being seen by
a potential competitor would be a risk for LUGNET. The way I see it now is,
if viewing the material helps someone else to make their project better in
any way, it'll be wielding it's worth.

I'll probably announce the pages, as they become available, via follow-ups
to this message, so stay tuned if you're interested.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin
www.lugnet.com