 Announcements / 1521
1520  |  1522
Subject:
BricksWest...The Excitement Begins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:08:37 GMT

Hello all!

The family and I are about to leave the house...heading out on the 5 hour
drive to beautiful Carlsbad, California...BRICKSWEST HERE WE COME!

This will likely be my last opportunity to post until I return from
BricksWest...I wanted to offer a HUGE thank you to all of the wonderful
folks meeting me in Carlsbad this weekend...attendees, presenters, sponsors
and all! You have all been kind and patient with the event, as the other
organizers and I struggled and strived to put BricksWest together in
essentially four months.

I personally am proud to offer this opportunity to this community to gather,
share and enjoy all that BricksWest has to offer...I'm sure I speak for all
of the organizers and presenters in this as well. Many folks have devoted
their personal time, expense and effort to BricksWest, and not for any gain
other than sharing their love of the brick with their friends. That is what
community is, and should be, all about.

Now, I know that this weekend won't be perfect...there are things that I
wanted to do that just weren't logistically possible...there are things that
have gone wrong that were just beyond my control...but none of these
shortcomings will tarnish the real magic of BricksWest...fans sharing with
fans, just because they can.

As you attend BricksWest, or just experience the event vicariously through
the posts that are sure to show up here, and the photos that are sure to be
uploaded to BrickShelf when everyone gets a chance, remember...BricksWest is
created BY fans, FOR fans. There is no organization guaranteeing it's
success, there is no budget paying for the perks...it's the community
gathering together, and we need to do that as often as possible.

If you are on your way to BricksWest, I'll see you there...if not, I'll see
you there in 2003! 8?)

Best wishes and safe travels everyone!

Matt