 Announcements / 121
  Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

The Wall Street Journal has a nice (albeit technologically simplified) article today on Lego Mindstorms' popularity among adults. It's not, to my knowledge available on-line, and for copyright reasons I won't post it all here. But here's a couple (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

(URL) has this article for subscribers. I found it by searching for Mindstorms. It doesn't give back a URL useful for anyone else, but others can probably the article by doing the same search. alex (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

I was hoping that quote was from "our" Matthew Miller. I was hoping Lugnet might also get a plug as the place where Mindstorms "hackers" exchange tips on the WWW, but no such mention. Cool article though. -John Van (who just found out Santa will be (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

(...) I actually talked about lugnet (and rtl and the lego-robotics list) to the author of the article; I suppose he only had so much room to write. (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

Wouldn't it GREAT to get permission to post the article on this so we could all have it. I have to go a LLLOOONNNGGG way to get a WSJ. (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

In article <slrn76vtf4.sa0.matt...a.bu.edu>, Matthew Miller <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes (...) Even more odd then that (URL) is pretty adult hostile. "Parent's email" in the questionnaire, and a 1924 limit on birthday! ... and how many (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

(...) They want to charge a lot; it ain't gonna happen. :( (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)