 Announcements / 1187
MY NEW MOCS: a chalet, a yellowish castle and a pirate boat (long text!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:13:12 GMT

Hello everyone!

I've uploaded some pictures I made of a few MOCS:
- A chalet
- A yellowish castle
- A boat

Since we will be moving in a few weeks, I thought it a clever idea to take
the pictures before breaking the MOCS down in pieces.
Now I have a fair idea of what to rebuild and now I can show all you what
I've made sofar.

Now for the pictures:

I. THE CHALET (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2978)

This is my favourite, because of its simplicity, and playability
possibilities. All in all it has to be furnished a little more (sleeping
place, dinner side, etc), but it's a nice start. I probably keep this one
and refine it in the future.

a. The first photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58944)
shows the complete model, with its inhabitor busy cleaning as always.
Through the door you can see the ladder leading to the first floor.

b. The second one (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58946)
shows the roof taken off, revealing the top of the stove-pipe. The stove is
the centre part of the building, warming all the parts of it. (Please shut
that door!)

c. The third photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58946)
shows the building opened: now you can see the stove in her whole glory. The
black base with the orange flames can be removed. In the mean while the
first floor is cleaned ;-)

d. The last photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58947)
shows all the removable parts: the roof in two parts, the upper section can
be removed in two halves, clearly showing the ladder from the first to the
second floor. Hide behind the stove you can find the ladder leading from the
ground to the first floor.

II THE CASTLE (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2978)
(yellowishcastle)

I wanted to use the sandplate from the Egypte set to create a nice building.
Man, is this difficult! So I started to play and build. In doing this I came
up with the idea of making a kind of ruine (the grey-black part) on the back
side and a more colourfull inviting part on the front: the yellowish parts.
(My story in this would be about a sorcerer who lures visitors in his nice
dwelling, making them a kind of slaves who would have to help rebuilding his
old fortress).

All in all this is more or less a kind of building test. Maybe the completed
building will be all different than these initial attempts.

a. The first photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58939)
shows the building left-front. You can see the
yellow-cosy-inviting-o-so-attractive inn-like building. Dare not to enter
and pass by without taking a look inside!
But you can see also the ruine-like fortress on the back side.

b. The second photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58940)
shows the same construction left back, revealing more of the once so nice
castle.

c. The third photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58941)
is from the right back angle, showing the entrance into the inn and the
remains of the once immense wall of the castle.

d. The fourth photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58942)
brings us back to the left-back angle. Now you can see that a huge part of
the castle can be removed in order to reach into the depths of the remaining.

e. The last one (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58943)
shows again the left front of the buidling, now with the already shown part
of the castle and the yellow upper half lifted off its base.

As said: more a training in building, than a worked out idea. But than
again, I liked building it very much!

III The boat (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2979)

For the boat: it's not finished yet, but it's showing a bit of it's glorious
endresult. Missing are the sails, the cannons and the most of the crew. As
with my other boat I tried to build the hull from merely brown pieces of all
kinds, and made it again upside down (you can discover at least 6 wide brown
elements from the StarWars sets).
So, not finished yet, but hey, this baby is still on her docking site,
eagerly awaiting her finishing touches.

a. Photo one (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58949) shows
the complete model. I tried to make as much with red and black pieces only.
The cannons shutters (?) are blue - from the ninja-sets. I would love to
make them plain red or plain black.

b. The second photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58950)
shows the back-upper part removed from the hull. Now you can acces the
inside of the hull. The phot is a bit blurry, so you can see how beautifull
our real-time chair is ;-)

c. The last photo (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=58951)
shows the front-upper part removed as well. This gives you a look into the hull.
To show how big this ship is going to be, I managed to let our Marieke (our
youngest daughter) tot gently touch the ship. (The spot on her arm is in no
way a mark of the working European shooting cannon, but a itching reminder
of mosquito's attacking her in her sleep).

This ship gave me a lot of joy building it. I hope to make some more
pictures next month when I wil lhave finished it in our new home.

As always: LMKWYT (I like these acronyms!), but don't be too harsh on this
builder. Or better be: than I can learn more and more.

Happy building for everyone!

Daan