 Announcements / 1090
1089  |  1091
Subject:
"Talking" Lego T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:51:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On May 26, in several Dutch regional newspapers an article emereged about
Lego T-shirts that are equiped with an integrated sound module. The shirts
are printed with a special conduive printing material, and the sounds are
operated by touching certain printed areas. The small soundbox is detachable
from the shirt to enable washing these.
According to the article 2 versions are avalable currently. The first one is
a white shirt with eight european flags, and when you tip a flag, the shirt
says "hello" in the corresponding language. There was a photo of this
version with the article, the flags are on a wire-frame globe, also two
adverture theme minifigs and a vertical banner saying "LEGO © WEAR".
The second version is a blue shirt having a Studio theme, the article gives
only two examples of the sounds this shirt can produce: the film directors
phrase "Action" and the roaring of a T-Rex.
Plans are for more shirts by the end of this month (A pink shirt for girls
did get mentioned) Price per shirt is 59,95 Dutch Guilder (about 25.27 US
Dollar)
If you would like to read the full article (in Dutch), I've posted it in the
"Local/Nederland" newsgroup (see:  http://news.lugnet.com/loc/nl/?n=831 )

Personaly, I'm not sure what to think of this. These shirts don't seem to
say: "We will refocus on our core business". And I certainly hope very very
much this was not supposed to be the July surprise.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.