 Animation / 436
Re: Rendered animations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:41:07 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Trond Hasse Lie writes:
Hi Everyone.

Greetings Trond.

Just found this newsgroup.

It's not the easiest one to find as people have mentioned before. I often
see postings about animation on LUGNET that never make it into this group.

I have submitted a request in the Admin newsgroup to have Animation moved to
a top-level newsgroup position.  If you (meaning the general LUGNET public)
like this idea please slide over to that group and post a vote of support by
replying with a "I Agree!" to the following message:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/?n=427

Please take a look at my animations (only short ones for now, but I'm
working on bigger things....) and lmkwyt.

http://www.lie.hn.org/lego/

Everything rendered/animated in 3ds max/ 4Autodesk VIZ 4.

Even though my main interest is in stop-motion animation with "real" LEGO
elements, I definitely enjoyed your videos.  I sometimes envy the tricks
that can be employed and the smoothness of the animation that is available
in the CAD or virtual LEGO environments.  This is particularly shown in your
animation of Jeremy Sproat's H57 model.  The sweeps of the helicopters as
they pass by are just awesome.  I can't imagine attempting a scene like that
with actual bricks. Well done.

And even though it's really short - the walking movements of the A66
(another Sproat model) are also pretty incredible.  I'd love to see a much
longer clip of this creation "in action."

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Greg