 Animation / 388
Re: Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:27:13 GMT

This is possible with 2 methods.

1. Cable link between 2 PC's or Laptop by Null Model on the Serial or
Printer Ports - this is very slow for large file transfers.

2. Mini-Network - the more expensive route if you don't have the hardware. 2
Network cards, Cat5e Leads x2 and a Hub. Also needs some Network settings on
the PC's but the file transfer will be alot faster as it would be running on
10/100

--
Mike Edwards
Lugnet Member #151

Brickbay shop - Edwards Parts
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=Bionicle

"Kai Brodersen" <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message
Hello all,
after attending a train show and taking some very large movies, I have • come
to a very bad problem.  At the show, I stored all the movies on a Dell
Inspiron 3500.  Now I can not get the movies out of the laptop and on to a
desk top, for the movies are simply to big to store on a diskette.  How do • I
move them from the laptop to the desktop without using diskettes, cds, or
zip drives ???

Thanks
Kai