 Animation / 385
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:18:48 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Marc Atkin writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Hello folks,

Some of you may know me, others may not.  I'm Jason Rowoldt, the founder and
webmaster of the site www.brickfilms.com.

Hi Jason! :) Long time no talk!
<snippage>

Hey buddy, how ya been? Are you working on anything?

You are right, there are some grey areas.  Personally I would not take the
chance, as if I am in a grey area, I'd like to jump to the black area as
quickly as possible (using the black area in this analogy as the area where
you are hidden and no one can touch you).

Your point about your title is interesting, however.  More than any other
films your film is ABSOLUTELY about the LEGO product and an homage to such.
This is a great debate about the meaning of freedom of speech and expression
in this country.  You should be able to call a product, company, or other
thing by name and either praise or insult it.  That is the meaning of
expression.