 Animation / 210
Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:49:41 GMT

Hey everyone. I don't usually post and I'm usually pretty passive when the
TLC does something to tick everyone off around here.  But this time they
have gone too far.  If I buy a Lego set, that is mine do with as I see fit.
Someone
already mentioned something similar to this with the sprite analogy.  If I
own a Chevy, I  can put it in a movie without asking permission.  It would
be mine.  Now, I can't make cars and put a Chevy logo on them, but they can
certainly be filmed, as can bricks.  I'm planning to make my own brickfilm
version of Homer's Odyssey this summer.  What does Lego's decision mean for
me?  I am just really suprised and disappointed in Lego this time.  I
figured if anything the Kubrick family/film people would be after them...

Rob McMurray
spaceghost0@dellmail.com
http://spaceghost0.sphosting.com