 Adventurers / 707
Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:18:32 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Wilkins wrote: • <schnip!>
I was looking at Johnny Thunder last night myself and noticed that, for a
hero, he's a pretty uptight-looking fellow. I'm kind of a latecomer to the
Adventurers scene, but man alive! It's sort of hard to tell the players
without a scorecard! Perhaps I merely have not invested enough time into my
hobby yet... O woe! More reason to spend more time looking at LEGO sets!!

I think of Johnny Thunder as smarmy.  If I were to re-enact a stereotypical
silent movie in LEGO (such as: heroine tied to train tracks by ev-il villian,
rescued by virtuous hero), Johnny would be the villian.

Steve

I wholeheartedly agree; the problem is that Thunder's supposed to be the hero!
What with the Black Top Hat and Colonel whatzis and the Guy with the Hook, the
villains are thick on the ground in Adventurers. If you put Johnny right in
there with them, you've only got Polly Pureheart (I know, I forgot her real
name) and Professor Kilroy to stand up for Law and Goodness. I agree that
Johnny is a smarmy, self-aggrandizing loudmouth (he's probably a mean drunk,
and a womanizer to boot... but I digress). And let's not go into the fact that
his basic accessories include a pistol AND a rifle... feeling 'inadequate',
Johnny? I will admit that he gets into some pretty fantastic tombs, though...
only Tia Carrere and Indiana Jones do better.

On rereading this post, I think maybe (just maybe, mind you) I need to spend
some more time with friends that aren't moulded from ABS. *grin*

-Cheese