 Adventurers / 539
538  |  540
Subject:
Adventurers construction ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:13:20 GMT

Just thought I'd share some construction ideas I've been considering, to tie
in with Adventurer lego...

One is a 30's-era steam-driven train -- transportation seems to be a big
part of the series, but it's definitely missing some kind of frontier
railway to carry Johnny and his competitors across Africa and South America.

Another is a 30's-era passenger plane.  My LucasFilm Archives book has some
great pictures of the Clipper from Raiders of the Lost Ark, I may try to
recreate it.  It would make a very unique set.  Another similar project
would be the cargo tri-prop plane from Temple of Doom (of which there are
also pictures in the same book).  The off-the-shelf bi-planes may be great
for getting Johnny from Cairo or Sao Paulo to the wilderness, but they're
just no good for longer trips.

I was also intrigued by the Mack 7 tank from Crusade, and thought that might
be a nice period-piece to build as well.  I'm sure Johnny has rubbed the
Nazis the wrong way several times in his adventuring. :)

--

Paul Davidson