 Adventurers / 514
Re: MJ65 - Puma and Race to the Congo- Dino Quest.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:25:23 GMT

Hello Joseph,

That's a fine looking anti-aircraft truck you built. The rotating gun looks
pretty intimidating. That should ground the Bi-plane baron. ;). I wouldn't
worry about the lack of tracks. Track was always coming off those 1/2 tracks.
A better suspension and axel support is much easier to maintain that a track
system. The doors could be removeable type like on some Jeeps. Maybe the door
was damaged and removed ?

CONGO DINOSAUR QUEST

The African Dinosaur expedition prep team is currently retro-fitting trucks
with dinosaur capture devices and restaining grappel net launching equipment.
The party hopes to make a live capture.

I made a mistake with the legendary dinosaur's name. Here is the address to a
related site. Not my site. I don't have any sites.

http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/mokele.htm

I don't have a web page. I would be willing to send you "serial episodes" -
pictures with text descriptions that you could post on your web page. This
would be in the form of an "in character report" from the world travelling
reporter, Avalon Storm. If you felt like it you could add on your own story
bits. Eg. siting news, bad guys in pursuit ( beating the party to a key goal )

I think the Adventurers group could come up with lots of ideas to make this an
interesting journey by:

1) Joining in the quest and forming your own team of adventurers, good or bad.

1) suggesting different locations ( with a race to build described location,
and posting a pic of it as a symbol of arriving first - pics must include all
surviving members of expedition team )

2) reporting in with your expedition team and equipment - group photo shot.

3) providing their own expedition travel stories and encounters.

4) maybe Craig the "Minifig Master" could design/build the Dinosaur for us and
provide us building instructions. Suggestion : The building instructions could
be limited to the expedition teams that have completed the earlier encounters
and have the pics to prove it.

I hope this starts a great adventure for all of us. Lets open up those Lego
containers and let the story begin.

Fortune and Glory to all.

Daniel