 Adventurers / 506
Re: Pontoon Plane revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Paul Davidson writes:
Aha, it looks as if the fuselage itself is a third pontoon, and supposed to
be in the water. :)  Does this mean Joseph has to re-evaluate his
assessment?

Hey, good point about the body of the plane functioning as a pontoon.  I did
overlook that possibility (though I'm still not too crazy about the pontoon
plane set).  I don't remember if I already mentioned this, but simply including
a couple of those chubby spiders in the set might have improved my opinion of
it.
Thanks to Hao-yang for sharing the research and links to V Vedette plane.  I
love reference stuff like that (both for building ideas and for
adventurers-related knowledge)!

..joseph g

Hao-yang Wang <hywang@pobox.com> wrote in message
Take a look at the picture of Vickers Vedette, a pontton plane designed in
1920's: <http://www.canadianflight.org/gallery/rbr_o04.htm>.

Now take another look at 5925 Pontoon Plane. Does its design look more
reasonable now?

(When I got my 5925, I put its engines backward to make it a pusher • design,
because even though 5925 has two engines instead of one, somehow it still
reminded me of Vickers Vedette.)

An introduction to Vickers Vedette:
<http://www.totavia.com/aeroware/aircraft/vedette.htm>.

Links to more pictures of Vickers Vedette:
<http://aviart.tcel.com/p-vedet.htm>
<http://www.nmstc.ca/nam/educ/namedu/vvad.htm>
<http://www.bushplane.com/gallery/set01/photo01.jpg>
<http://www.chapleau.com/hk/hk5.jpg>