 Adventurers / 500
Re: has anybody picked up 5986 amazon ancient ruins?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 05:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Joseph Gonzalez writes:
first off, thanks to the blokes that had kind words for my reviews.  it's
always a blast to write those.

i'm mainly wondering if anyone has picked up the 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins set.
what are the pros and cons of the set?
would it be worth the effort if it were say only $50?

just curious (and for future reference).

thanks in advance.

..joseph g

In my opinion, there isn't anything spectacular about the set. It has a few
traps (falling bridge, hanging skeleton that drops down). If you have access to
any of the Shop-At-Home catalogs, what they show you there is pretty much it.
One of the only things that really caught my attention was the fact that the
little boat isn't the same one that TLG has issued in the past. It's quite a
bit bigger, yet still keeping he appearance of a small rowboat. Otherwise, if
you're into completing the entire line, then $50 is a good price. If you're in
no rush, I'd just wait to see if it comes down anymore in price.

     Also, I just want to say that your reviews are unbelievable. I can't
believe how many themes you hit! I've noticed reviews of SW, Adventurers and
also castle, if I remeber correctly. Keep up the good work!

-Jonathan