 Adventurers / 484
Re: Adventurers Minifigs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:55:54 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Jonas Marcho writes:
I am a little confused about the names of the Adventurers. I know that Johnny
Thunder is known as Sam Grant in some places, but I did not know that
Professor Lightning and Gail Storm had different names. Is there another name
for Harry Cane, Senor Palamor, Rudo Villano, Baron von Barron, and Sam
Sinister? Also, who is the minifig included in the River Expedition set? He
looks like some kind of sailor; but he can't be Harry Cane. Who is he?

Plus, are there any new characters for the 2000 line of Adventerers sans the
Dinosaurs? I have noticed that villains don't seem to survive each year. I
take it Baron von Barron and Sam Sinister were eaten by the Mummy and that
Rudo Villano and Senor Palamor died at the hands of the Amazon War Chief?
Maybe this year the villains will be eaten by dinosaurs.

-Jonas Marcho

Alright Jonas, are you ready for the can of worms you just opened?  Here goes
the entire list of adventurers minifigs:

Johnny Thunder - Sam Grant - Joe Freemann
Harry Cane - Billy Speed
Doctor Kilroy - Professor Kilroy - Doctor Charles Lightning - Professor Articus
Miss Pippin Read - Gail Storm - Linda Lovely
Mr. Hates - Baron von Barron
Slyboots - Sam Sinister - Sly Boots
Senor Palomar
Rudy Villano
Gabarro
Mummy of Pharoah Hotep the Third
Achu the Jungle Ruler
and of course the numerous skeletal remains of former adventurers

My best suggestion is to go to Christian Rasmussen's site to check it out for
yourself. He has nice pictures and entertaining text to go with each minifig.
The address is:
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Cottage/5900/WhoIsWho.html

My own request is for all you Adventurers out there to post up what names are
used where.  Within in this posting group we should have several countries
represented and maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
Mark L