 Adventurers / 2313
2312  |  2314
Subject:
Light Tank Mark II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:50:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Light Tank Mark II

Light Tank Mark II was introduced into service in 1930 and was still in use as a training vehicle as late as 1940. Mark II was used by the British Army not only at home but also in Egypt and even by the Indian Army.

The Vickers Light Tanks were widely used by the British Army during the interwar period. They were cheap to build and operate and speeded up the inevitable transition from horsed cavalry to armoured regiments. Furthermore light tanks were better suited for colonial policing.

Please let me know what you think Christian