 Adventurers / 2239
Re: Luftwaffe Prototype: Focke Wulf Ta-183 Jet Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 06:06:59 GMT

In lugnet.build.military, Robert van Dijk wrote:
Well, I usually focus on building actual existing WW2 airplanes. But I was
inspired by the Protototype Hunters (hence the posting to the adventurers group)
and the wonderfull website luft46.com to do something else.

So here it is: A Minifig scale model of the Focke Wulf Ta-183 Jet fighter:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Spiff/Luftwaffe-prototypes/Ta-183/ta-823_3d1.gif>>

the gallery for this model is here:

And my warbirds folder can be found here:

Although it never flew, the design inspired the russians to develop a plane that
became the famous MiG-15

Robert, that is really nice.  What I like most is that it's "rough" from using
a few pieces, but was instantly recognizable.  Great job.

I'm glad you posted the rest of your gallery as well, there's a ton of great
stuff in there that I haven't seen before.

P.S. If you haven't seen them before, I made a few German WWII-era planes a few
years back:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gedy/Me163/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gedy/He219/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gedy/Me-109/