 Adventurers / 2196
Re: Rolls Royce Type A Armored Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 22:00:19 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Peter F. Guenther wrote:
   I’ve wanted to build this one for a long time, and finally sat down to do it... Comments: I’ve never gone back-and-forth on a build this much. I’d add three pieces and then remove five others. All in all, it took me about two and a half hours. I’m pretty happy with the result but may still take another whack at it in the future.

My model is a little too tall--but the minifigs kind of force that. Those panels on the side are also too far out. I knew from the start that while the real-world prototype had both a loader and a gunner in the turret, that I wouldn’t be able to. I built it with two figures in the body, however--and then about halfway through realized that the prototype probably only had the driver, and he would have been centered. If I build it thusly, I can get the sides of the compartment back into line.

PLMKWYT!

Peter

Great build Peter. Makes me want to try one of those British Mk1.