 Adventurers / 1836
Re: MOC: Spirit of St. Louis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:56:31 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Christian Lindblad Rasmussen wrote:

   Comments, e.t.c. welcome.

Way cool. If you’re not coming to Portland, someone ought to, with your permission, build a copy of this for the MiniMOC fly in at BrickFest PDX...

Thank you! You are welcome. I consider my work “Link-creations”, copying is allowed as long as you link to my site. An e-mail would be nice too!

   Some questions:
  • The “radial engine”... Is that an old samsonite gear or what?

Yes, it’s the red 9 tooth samsonite gear. I was very tempted to paint it black, but I resisted.

  • I wasn’t clear on what the rubber bands around the wing struts are doing, can you elaborate?

The struts are black straws that is inserted into a 1x2-1x4 bracket at an angle. That is not perfect so the rubber bands hold the struts to the horizontal straws extending backward from the landing gear. I will try to make a better picture tomorrow.

  • Can you give a bit more detail on how you composed the Roosevelt Field takeoff photo that serves as the headline image of your post? Are those hangars in the background photoshopped in or did you build them too or?

The hangars are miniature models. The sky is from a painting, the rest is Lego. This page should give you an idea about how it was done.

Christian

   Spotlighted (as usual, your work is always spotlight worthy, thanks for sharing!)

++Lar