 Adventurers / 1793
Re: Books for inspiration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:33:45 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Jason Maxwell wrote:
I'm trying to find some books for inspiration for Adventurers models.  Either
fiction or non-fiction.  I've read a few of the Indiana Jones novels which are a
good start.  Any suggestions?

Check out "Darwinia" by Robert Charles Wilson.  It's a bit on the sci-fi side,
but it takes place in 1920.  Basically Europe gets wiped out and replaced with
an unexplored forest, and adventurers are sent in to map and explore the "new"
land.  I've been thinking about building some sets based on the book myself, but
I haven't made the time to yet.

The only other thing I can think of was a television show that was on when I was
a kid called "The Gold Monkey" or something of that sort.  It was very Indiana
Jones-like.  It was only on for one season, I think.  Anyone else remember that
one?

-Elroy