 Adventurers / 1667
Re: My Adventurers ISCC entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:11:26 GMT

Hey Gary,
First and foremost, an awesome job! You indeed made the story quite evident,
and enjoyable, and overall it was very cinematic.
What camera do you use? The pictures are incredibly sharp and I'm looking
for something new for some upcoming projects. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks, and keep up the good work!
-Jay
http://eccentriceggshell.cjb.net/

In lugnet.announce.moc, Gary Thomas writes:
Hi all,

The Brickshelf folder of my Adventurers ISCC2 entry is now public (sorry, no
fancy website this year):

I tried to make the story self-explanatory in the pictures, but you can open
the story text in a new browser to read along if you'd like:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gedy/ISCC2002/story.txt

I tried to be totally original in the design and details, however I did
use Bram Lambrecht's great office chair design in the first image.  Other
(easily missed) details:

Many of the spider's joints and thorax are fully articulated, so it's very
'posable'

Wheel design of the cars, using castle wagon wheels and 30.4 x 14 tires.

Headlights using minifig pots and pans.

Coat-rack using minifig hands, typewriter, flower and vase.

Window-blinds using 1 x 2 bricks with grill

The strange armored car design is based on actual French and British WWI-era
armored cars.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it.

Take care,

Gary