 Adventurers / 1410
Re: Nimbus Airship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:21:13 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Wayne McCaul writes:
Sean, that's pretty darn groovy.

I like the interior detail. So many dials, switches and knobs... oh my. I
really like the gears in back. And what's that on top? Is that some kind of
weapon?

Thanks!  It wouldn't be steampunk/gaslamp fantasy without lots of buttons
and switches.  The top piece, while it looks like some kind of ray gun,
didn't really have any purpose until you asked.  It turns out it's a long
range, x-ray telescope.  Dr. Agustus chuckled at the thought of a weapon
pointed at the balloon.

I've been struggling with the zepplin-esqe idea for too long. Finally gave
up. I forgot that once made one; wish I had gotten a couple of them :(

The zeppelin is a neat thing but for how you connect it to normal pieces.
The antannae connection just doesn't make sense to me when they could have
made it wide enought for a technic peg/beam width.

Great Job!

Evil Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

Thanks again!
Sean

In lugnet.general, Sean Forbes writes:
Well, after a bit of a dry spell last month, I've actually finished something.

I call it the Nimbus.  It's a steam-powered, heavier-than-air ship inspired
by The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne and The Works, a card game based on
the Girl Genius comics by Phil and Kaja Foglio (www.studiofoglio.com)

Crewing the Nimbus are it's inventor, Dr. Agustus (white outfit), the
engineer who drives it and keeps it running, Jackson Stone, an American
(he's the one in stripes), and the philanthropist/gentleman adventurer Lord
Cornelius Smythe, who paid for the ships construction.

LMKWYT

Sean