 Adventurers / 1119
1118  |  1120
Subject:
ADVENTURERS SAFARI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 16:07:04 GMT

While I was checking the availability of that mysterious adventurers pen (the
one that may be a presequel) at Amazon.com, I stumbled apon a reviw, one that
as good as told me what the next subtheme was:

They say there's nothing new under the sun, but those creative folks at LEGO
have managed to invent a
                  new sort of pen that's sure to captivate legions of LEGO
lovers everywhere. The Safari Adventure pen
                  is a little longer and thicker than an ordinary ballpoint
pen, with a flexible plastic grip built into the
                  barrel. This ingenious grip makes the pen easy on anyone's
fingers, but it's especially useful for young
                  children just learning how to write. The back half of the pen
holds 6 interchangeable beads; there are 12
                  included in the set. You can choose from plain colored beads,
little LEGO face units, and clever beads
                  with safari adventure designs such as a snake, ants, a
treasure map, and a mysterious shipping crate. The
                  pen comes in a sturdy, clear plastic case with a velveteen
tray. Ink refills are available, or you can just
                  go to a nearby office-supply store. --Marcie Bovetz

It wasn't in the 21 set listing so it may be another midyear realease.

NICK #;^D