 Adventurers / 1088
1087  |  1089
Subject:
Are all the pterodactyls different than pictured?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 01:44:18 GMT

Didn't see this in any older posts but apologize if it's been done to death
somewhere.  I got my first Dino set - Island Hopper 5395 - and noticed some
diferences in the pterodactyl from what I've seen pictured on the boxes and
catalogs.  There are a couple of obvious variations in contours - the textures
on the head crest are different, the lines crossing the wings near the tips
are missing, and there is a split below the curve of the clip in the feet.

Those don't bother me but what was a little disappointing was the hands.  They
definitely appear to be standard clips in the pictures but are nothing of the
sort in the real thing. They are a shallow little triangle not suited for any
lego parts connecting.

Has everyone experienced this?

John