 Adventurers / 1063
1062  |  1064
Subject:
New Adventurers Themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:09:09 GMT

In my opinion, the Adventurers theme should stay in its time period, at
least vaguely, of very-late-nineteenth through early-twentieth century.

Some may say that the new "Jurassic Park" dinosaur theme strays from that,
but except for a few anachronistic vehicles, it's really more of a
"Professor Challenger's Lost World" kind of thing. Personally, I would have
been happier with fossils rather than live dinosaurs, though. I hope they
add a few bones at least.

I also wish that LEGO would come out with some "home base" sets for the
adventurers. You know, an "Adventurers' club," a 'study' such as the one
pictured on box sides (you know... with lots of bookshelves, a big globe,
that blackboard, etc.). A subtheme like that could even double for a 3-D
game of "Clue"!

Some other ideas that I mentioned to C.L. Rasmussen for his wonderful
Adventurers site:

--Volcano/caves expoloration
--Haunted Houses, with big dark Victorian houses and hosts, etc. Great for
Halloween dioramas.

LEGO could pull togtehr many specialty pieces for these from sets they
already have had. There have already been ghosts, skeletons, mummies, and so
on.

I also REALLY like the idea of doing some Jules Verne/H.G. Wells themes for
them, as some have mentioned: "War of the Worlds," "Journey to the Center of
the Earth," "First Men in the Moon/From the Earth to the Moon," and so
forth.

By the way, I found an old Time Cruisers set in an odd-lot store yesterday.
I thought that the narrow wheels on that vehicle would be much better than
the fat tires that TLG is using for the 1920's-style vehicles in
Adventurers. I wonder why they opted for the fat, modern wheels?

Happy adventures, all!