 Adventurers / 1006
1005  |  1007
Subject:
Head Hunting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 18:54:00 GMT

I'm sure that we all have a good use for the double and triple amounts of
leftover adv. heads in other themes, but I think the issue is  that they are
so specific that you can only use 1 head per theme. Mr. Thunder's face is so
detailed, his head can't be reused in the same display.  Sam Sinister's face
is so stupid, you don't even want to use him (Oooh how I hate Sam Sinister
with his wee beady little eyes, "so you want to buy my chicken!")
THe old castle guys with the brown and black beards were detailed, yet generic
enough  that they could be used many times.  Often times the beard was full or
thin, or there ws a path on his eye.  If there were maybe 1 or two different
characters in the mix, there wouldn't be so much repetition.  If you bought
the Pharoahs ruins and The sphynx, you have a doulble of every  character
except harry cane, (who's smeared mouth by the way appears to me to be the
stub of a cigar). I think that they just went overboard with characterization.
It's a lot like the star wars mini novels.  THe Creature cantina was great
until the books come out and every single oozing dripping furry creature is
hanging out in the bar under some noble pretext.  When everyone is famous,
famousness is cheapened.  How cool is king leo and is castle, when he is also
availeable with his soldier and outhouse for 4.99.  All those castle maiden's
from the 1980's would be so cool to us if she came with every set.
Let's have some nobody's, and Rudy villano is not a nobody.