 Administrative / Terms of Use / 79
Re: Auczilla XI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:26:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Kevin Salm wrote:

In lugnet.general, Rogelio Garingo writes:

Does anybody got their winnings from Auczilla XI? It seems to be taking so
long.

Good things take time.  Patience is needed when awaiting Auczilla auction
shipments; don't get too concerned as you package will arrive eventually.

More specificially, email I received on April 9 (one week ago from today) from
Auczilla stated that all packages were ready to be shipped.  Hopefully all
packages were shipped out by now and we can all begin to watch for our packages
in the coming week or two.

Certainly don't want to stirr up trouble, but I would assume that this
thread really doesn't belong outside of lugnet.market.auction (in some
ways even more so than an actual auction announcement, because this has
extremely little value to someone who hasn't participated in Auczilla
XI).

This does bring up a side issue of where should people feel it's ok to
post a "Where is Waldo?" type of question. In some ways, such a question
deserves wide broadcast and in some ways it should not be widely
broadcast. In the spirit of helping settle issues, I suggest the
following guidelines:

1. "Where is Waldo?" posts should be placed either first in the
appropriate market group if they are in reference to an incomplete
transaction, and in lugnet.people for non-transaction related activites.

2. Such posts would also be acceptable in a loc or org group if the
person is in that region or organization (or people in that region or
organization would be the most likely to know the whereabouts of the
individual).

3. If a post in one of the above locations fails to elicit a response
within some reasonable time, a 2nd post may be appropriate for that
group.

4. If after a very patient wait (possibly up to a month or more,
certainly no less that a week, subjective based on the value of the
transaction or other importance of contacting the person), a post to
lugnet.general (or some other group) MAY be appropriate.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com