 Administrative / Terms of Use / 416
  Re: New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

(...) While it's true that omitting locale from sale information is a practice to be discouraged, I'm not sure it fits the intended definition of "unhelpful posts" that was given. At least not in my view it doesn't. It's hard to see how someone (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

(...) This area of my query was in relation to it occuring repeatedly by the same person...once is OK, twice: maybe they need to be informed that this sort of information is needed, and if they do it a third time, maybe time-out isn't such a bad (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

(...) That seems a bit heavy-handed. Omitting information that is useful or helpful or necessary to others is annoying, but not subject to any negative action, IMO. I don't like posts that only give me half the story or omit crucial details any more (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.terms)