 Administrative / Terms of Use / 412
Re: New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 23:03:17 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
[lots of snipping. sorry]

Well, I think this is an excellent idea, and it's about
time a new TOS policy was enacted.

The time out idea is quite feasible, in my opinion, and I
really think this new policy will finally add a sense of
community rightness to Lugnet, which would obviously make
it more attractable to other communities.

Just a question, though. If someone were to repeat similar
offenses, in say (excessive posting, such as that long
chain in marketplace about that guy and his lego figures),
would this be followed up by a second warning, and then
(if the offender was foolish enough to repeat the same
offense, or one similar to it) would there be mediated
expulsion, or would a panel of administrators, and or curators
vote on a penalty, or consequence per se for this violation?

I apologuize if I am being overwhelmingly inquisitive here,
but I'm just curious in a sense :)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112