 Administrative / Terms of Use / 384
Re: Bulk Lego Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 01:42:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Thomas Garrison writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Julie Krenz writes:

Just what posts belong in .brickshops has been discussed before with no
official conclusion:

<snip>

It seems like a simple fix to me. Either include in the .brickshops charter
something along the lines of "this is the place to post sale info regarding
your shop" or "please post sales info to buy.sell.trade".

Which then determines whether people actually read the group
(and thus whether it merits existence).  After all, I can think
of no Earthly reason why anyone would want to read BrickBay
sales info (since Dan has done a great job with the search engine
and e-mail notification of want lists), and a glut of flogs tends
to drive serious BrickBay discussion to .market.services. . .

One reason someone may want to post about BB sales would be if they are having
a set time frame sale or maybe free shipping for a short period of time only.
That would not show up in the wanted emails or the search.

Julie