 Administrative / Terms of Use / 249
248  |  250
Subject:
Was M*ndroid ToSsable from Lugnet? When?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:27:18 GMT

I came on the LEGO scene too late to "enjoy" (sic) the subject
contributor's "contributions" (sic) to RTL.

My question is this, to people that remember his posts, were they, in and of
themselves, sufficient to get him ToSsed from Lugnet, were he to show up here?
If so, how far would he have went before being ToSsable?

I'm just curious, really.

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement

From the overall terms

Point 4 says that readers may find offensive things on LUGNET, which is their
problem to filter or monitor out.

Point 5 says LUGNET itself is to be held harmless from things such as user
conduct or defamation.

These are good.

From the discussion group terms

Point 5 rules out "abusive" and "defamatory" posts. That seems pretty clear
cut to me.

The net here is that we can't be upset by individual offensive or abusive
posts by others, it's not Lugnet's fault and Lugnet can't be sued over it, but
the poster who posts such things can be banished. But when? How much is too
much?

Mostly I'm posting this as a way of working through this myself...

++Lar

(points 12 and 13 are actually ToSsable offenses! Whoa. Knew that academically
but forgot. I'm a hopeless crossposting topic drifter, but I digress. Think
I'll crosspost this to lugnet.castle too... Oops. er, ah never mind. :-) )