 Administrative / Suggestions / 762
Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:22:16 GMT

In article <HGI3KC.14Jn@lugnet.com>,
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Chris Gray wrote:
"Steve Barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> writes:

[Individual] membership enrollment is now open! So please drop by
<http://www.ILTCO.org ILTCO> and join now by clicking on the word and
<http://www.iltco.org/members/profile.php JOIN> found on the right side of
the
page just below the gray horizontal menu bar. We encourage you (as
required by
the membership application) to read the <http://www.iltco.org/legal/
Bylaws>,
<http://www.iltco.org/legal/ Policies & Procedures>, and the
<http://www.iltco.org/legal/ Terms of Service>. These along with the
<http://www.iltco.org/faq/ FAQ> will answer many questions you may have.
For

Not to be picky, but none of those are legal URL's. URL's are not allowed
have spaces in them - you are supposed to encode the spaces as %20. Its
possible that you meant underscores, and not spaces. I didn't try all of
them,
but the 3 I did try didn't work for me. However, by just going to the
'legal'
page, I found links that did work.

I'm guessing that Chris must be receiving the post either via news or mail,
rather than over the web interface. This sort of confusion does seem to be on
the upswing now... not sure whether anything can actually be done to
remediate
it. (all the URLs are indeed legal as written, the material after the space
is
their identifying or displaying tag in FTX...)

When posting to a newsgroup, it seems appropriate to provide links that
work when converted to plain text.

Chris (Masi)