 Administrative / Suggestions / 6
5  |  7
Subject:
Faster linking, and more member page management
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:40:55 GMT

I'm already happy with what we've got here at LUGNET, but use anything long
enough, and you'll start to see many ways it could be improved.

The *worst* 'feature' of LUGNET, and something that I wish would go away is
the jump.cgi link tracking feature.  First of all, it slows me down every
time I accidentally click on a link - I've learned to copy and paste to get
to links faster than I can by click on them!  Also, why do you care what
links are being traversed?  Are you ever really going to use that
information?  Please remove this 'feature'.

As for features to add, how about these just to start with:

I would very much like to see some way of managing member pages.  A list of
what pages you've created, (sorted by date created, alphabetically, size,
etc.) ways to see how they are linked to or transcluded within each other,
and perhaps some sort of indication of how many people have accessed them
are a start.

I would also like to see new features added to what is possible with member
pages.  Better table management, or perhaps column management would be a
good place to start.

Thanks!

--
  David Schilling