 Administrative / Suggestions / 470
Re: Wanted: Member Bookmarks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:28:33 GMT

Replying to my own post...

Maybe I should clarify -- I don't want to bookmark members, but think that
this may be implemented as a member feature.

The idea is to bring the web interface experience closer to that of a
newsreader, making it easier to use and more powerful.  Reading messages in
reverse order is a bit akward.  And client-side bookmarking tricks (like
relying on the followed-link color or using actual bookmarks) are also
akward and don't carry over from browser to browser -- when the main benefit
of using the web interface is that it's more portable.

Ooo!  Another idea -- an option to show just thread-starters when looking at
a long list of messages.

Cheers,
- jsproat