 Administrative / Suggestions / 43
42  |  44
Subject:
News-by-mail "OFF" feature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 04:57:36 GMT

Since people are going back collecting previous suggestions to put in this
new group, I'll do the same for a few that I've suggested before.  One high
on my list was to have a feature that allows you to turn 'off' the
news-by-mail feature temporarily.  Say you are going on vacation.  Rather
than unsubscribing to all the groups just before leaving, and then
subscribing again when you come back, why not have an 'off' button that
remembers what the groups were, but doesn't send mail until you turn it on
again.

Here's links to two messages where I asked for this before:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=8436
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=8025

I still think this would be very useful.

--
  David Schilling