 Administrative / Suggestions / 33
Re: New group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:59:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Lester Witter writes:
This was posted in org.us (714):

In lugnet.org.us, Eric Sophie writes:
Hello, I'm going down to Atlanta Georgia from April 8th to the 12th for a
Technical Training School. I'll be staying in John's Creek. Are there any
freindly Lugnetters down south that would like to get together? I'll be
bringing a couple of my Mechs to keep me somewhat occupied if anyone would
like to meet and hang.

Any Train Lugs or Lug meetings happening in the Georgia area next week?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Eric Sophie
aka
Legomaster

www.mylegomaster.com

How about a group lugnet.in-town or some other way  to facilitate this type of
message

I usually post to the local group (loc.us.ga and loc.us.ga.mumble(s) in this
case) as well as sometimes the local org if I know it (org.us.ngltc for
example in this case) as that usually reaches people (and I do it a fair bit
given how much I travel)

I think your idea has merit though... would enough people watch a
lugnet.lets.get.together (or whatever) group for it to work??? The approach
I use is targeted to those people presumably watching...