 Administrative / Suggestions / 326
Re: publishing my notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 01:07:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

<snip?>

And some early sketches a possible icon-based homepage:

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/iconsketch.html

These were drawn with paper & pencil and scanned into the computer in 1996.
We steered away from this approach for top-level pages because bandwidth
was really tight in those days.  We felt the minifigs also looked perhaps
confusingly similar to the official LEGO website at the time.

The Icon Sketches are very lightheart/happy/fun.

Not quite sure how to say this but ...I am very encouraged to hear both you
and Suz each talking about your dreams/creative ideas for Lugnet again.
Like planting flowers for the future.  Hope and enthusiasim?  Renewal?
Seemed like Lugnet, with it's tremendous workload, was not fun for either of
ya'll for some period of time.  Ya'll made sure Lugnet was/is
functioning/growing/improving, but feeding/maintaining an ever expanding
entity, not fun-very draining time consuming activity.  Fun is necessary.  I
want Everyone to have fun.

sheree

Somewhere I've also got a bunch of very old, very early homepage designs
saved away that probably still display on modern browsers.  They're probably
not very interesting, though, beyond a historical perspective.

Suzanne's stuff is a lot more in-depth.  I'm looking forward to seeing what
she scans and puts up for folks to see.  Some of the stuff I may not even
have seen myself yet.  :-)

--Todd