 Administrative / Suggestions / 176
Re: Suggestions for bookmark icon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:16:45 GMT

Unfortunately, when you clear your cache it clears out any favicon files
too.
I think it might have been fixed in IE6 tho

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message
"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message • news:GvA44C.5G1@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Would you make a Lugnet icon that will show up in our internet
favorites? I think its called a favicon.ico for your website. I also
think you store it in your images folder.

there is already a favicon.ico for LUGNET. When your browser looks for
it, afaik, it only looks for it at the root of the server... and not in
any other directory that I know of. I don't use IE, so I can't tell you
why it's not getting read there, but it does work for other browsers :)

Just added www.lugnet.com as a favourite, and I do get the logo in the
favourites list so my IE6 on WinME is picking up the favicon.ico file in • the
root dir. Also works for news.lugnet.com.

Dan