 Administrative / Suggestions / 1574
Re: The new home page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   Rene,

Thank you for keeping the LUGNET redesign an open process. I really enjoyed seeing each draft get better and better, and I think the “final” look is really nice.

My only suggestion at this point is that I’d still like to see the links to the newsgroup traffic statistics on the homepage. It was a helpful way to see all the newest discussions in one place.

Hey, shock to see the homepage changed for real!

Like Jordan I would like to see the traffic page linked from the homepage (I think that’s what he means).

I do get an issue with the forum shortcuts box in IE6, if I move the mouse pointer over it starting from the bottom the text in the Market and Local sections moves towards the right, if I then move down again it re-aligns itself correctly. This doesn’t seem to happen in FF (insert IE derogatory comments here).

Other than that, cool to see a change and more dynamic content makes it a far more welcoming place to the returning newbie.

Tim

Dunno if you have fixed it, but doesn’t seem to be happening now for me, using IE7 (was using 6 before)

Tim