 Administrative / Suggestions / 1415
Re: The LUGNET thread star icon isn't displaying
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jordan Bradford wrote:
In the part of a page that shows a thread's structure, the star image is not
displaying:

http://news.lugnet.com/news/here.gif

Just FYI.

Hi, that happens to me occasionally, and clearing my browser cache and/or
forcing a refresh usually seems to fix it. It's displaying correctly for me ATM.
(I use Firefox).

ROSCO

Well, this "problem" isn't uncommon, possible sources of error (even if the
error is sporadic!):

- Firefox: Settings for "Pipelining" <<-- In most cases (if modified before)

- Ad Blocker Programs (mostly with Norton Internet Security) <<-- Remember the
picture name: "here.gif". Some programs are deleting even the whole html-tag,
you can check this by viewing the source code of the site.

- Firewall settings <<-- uncommon

- All kinds of heavy loaded connections (DSL, nodes, network) <<-- sometimes
your machine just is in an unfavourable position / have an unfavourable link-up
to the WWW

Leg Godt!
Rene