 Administrative / Suggestions / 1371
Re: Forgotten Password Link
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:46:03 GMT

I too, would really like such a feature. I recently got a new computer, when my
old PC died, I can't remember my lugnet password, and the email that had it was
on the HD of the now dead old computer.

Daniel Rubin

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Steve Chapple wrote:
I don't understand why there isn't a simple "Email me my forgotten
password" or such link somewhere.  I just had to jump through all
the hoops to post a msg. even though I've been a member for years.

I remember trying to reset my password to something I would remember,
but everything I tried didn't measure up to the standards of the
server (apparently as tough as the CIA's) so I was stuck with the
cryptic one generated by the system which of course I can't remember.
(I can't find the Email that contained it years ago either of course.)

I think my Email address is still the same, but what would happen
if it wasn't?  I someone with a SysAdmin background is having
these frustrations, what must the average user be feeling...

SRC
LUGNet#765
StRuCtures(tm)
http://SRC.Northcomp.com