 Administrative / Suggestions / 1026
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:01:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal wrote:
   That’s not the point. What are you saying? That because someone can legally get married at age 16, adult content on LUGNET should be made viewable by a 7 year old? Because a 17 year old knows about same-sex relationships, a 10 year old should be allowed to view graphic conservations about it?

WHAT GRAPHIC CONVERSATIONS?!?!?!? LUGNET is not a sexetorium. The LGBT group (and again, it’s pretty clear that your vocal objection to All Things Off-Topic stems from the addition of that group) is not a place for LGBTs to announce and describe their latest conquest, discuss which videos they’ve rented, or have online-sex. It’s a place where they can congregate and find comfort and support in dealing with the ill-treatment they receive from society. I’d say that younger LGBTs need this sort of group more than adults do, since they have less experience with dealing with this sort of thing, and schools are often the cruelest places in the free world, especially since nothing stays private for long, and nothing that becomes public is ever willingly forgotten.